Do you want to know what we love? Pizza. Pizza, Pizza, Pizza. It’s like candy for adults. Remember the legendary chain of Pizza Hut all-you-can-eat buffets as a kid? Fond memories. Pizza is entrenched in cultures all over the globe, especially Australia. We even went and created our very own pizza, topped with an egg of all things! Whether it’s a traditional pizza or the gourmet variety, there’s nothing quite like tucking into a well-cooked pizza.
All this stupidly delicious talk about pizza is making us hangry. Lucky for us, RIG-TIG have gone and cooked up this masterpiece and we’re lucky enough to have the recipe to share with you. Read on to make your very own Pizza with Goats Cheese, Parma Ham & Rocket Salad.
Ingredients & Method
Makes 2 large pizzas
- 500ml of water
- 30g salt
- 850g extra-fine plain flour or pizza flour 5g yeast
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Pour the water and salt into the bowl of a stand mixer and stir until the salt has dissolved.
- Add half of the flour, all of the yeast and all of the olive oil. Mix until combined.
- Set the mixer on medium speed and add the rest of the flour a little at a time.
- Cover the bowl with glad wrap and place it in the fridge to rise for 12 hours or overnight.
- Take the bowl out of the fridge and divide it into two large round balls. Place each ball in separate bowls covered with glad wrap and let them rise for another 3 hours.
- 3 large tomatoes, skinned
- Olive oil
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 small can of tomato purée
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, chopped
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 small sprig of rosemary
- 1 tbs honey
- Salt & pepper
- Scold the tomatoes in a pot of boiling water until the skin cracks. Quickly wash the hot tomatoes with cold water from the tap and peel of the skin.
- Heat some olive oil in a large pot. Add the chopped shallot and crushed garlic and sauté in the hot oil. Add skinned tomatoes and tomato purée while stirring.
- Rinse the vegetables. Grate the carrot, coarsely chop the capsicum and the chilli. Remove the chilli seeds if you don’t like the sauce too hot. Add the carrot, capsicum and chilli to the pot and stir.
- Add vinegar and the sprig of rosemary and let it all simmer with the lid on for at least 30 minutes. Stir every now and then to keep it from burning to the bottom of the pot.
- After 30 minutes add honey and let it simmer for a few minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour all of the sauce into a blender and blend until you are happy with the texture.
Making the Pizza
You will need:
- Tomato sauce
- Goat cheese
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Rocket salad
- Parma ham
- Preheat your oven to maximum temperature before continuing with the next step.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
- Spread out a generous layer of tomato sauce. Add goat cheese, slices of cherry tomatoes and zucchini.
- Brush the slices of zucchini and the pizza crust with olive oil and place the pizza in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Once the pizza has finished baking, take it out of the oven and spread a generous amount of rocket salad over the pizza.
- Add parma ham and to finish grate with parmesan and season with freshly grated pepper.
Get the RIG-TIG Tools & Utensils from the Recipe
Photography by Cecilia Fahlström.