All this month we’ve been sharing our Work from Home stories with you all thanks to Suncorp. We kicked off with an urgent Home Office Makeover, followed by a look into our daily routine on how we stay productive whilst working from home. To finish up the month we wanted to talk about perhaps the most important thing – wellness (and what we’ve been doing to stay sane whilst cooped up at home)! This is a short and honest account of things that I am constantly focusing on, now more than ever, in order to feel good.
5 Ways to Maintain a Healthy Well Being Whilst Stuck At Home
- Connect with family and friends via email, phone, text messages. Facetime and video calls are a great option as it helps you to feel more connected to your loved ones being able to see each other face to face. Get creative with your catch ups and mix up your social calendar. Maybe you could schedule in a weekend brunch, friday night drinks or a mid-week coffee catch up.
- Try to get as much sleep as you can. Sleep has such a major impact on our mood. Setting a bedtime reminder an hour before you want to go to sleep is a great way to remind yourself to switch off. Establish a night time routine for yourself, it can be as simple as putting your phone away, washing your face and grabbing a good book to read. Removing your phone and other technology from the bedroom will help you switch off, making it easier to fall asleep.
- Exercise as much as you can, even if it’s just stretching or a slow walk around the block. It’s just important to move your body. Dance. Run. Squat. Whatever you enjoy doing, do it, as you want to be able to maintain it. Yoga is a great way to maintain your general health and wellbeing as it encourages breathing, helping you remain calm and grounded.
- Eat as healthily as you can, making sure you get lots of the good stuff and less of the not so good stuff. Try and make sure you have a well balanced diet as this has a major impact on your mood.
- Be kind, not just to others but yourself as well. Make yourself a priority and treat yourself to things you can do around the home. Here are some ideas: Make a bubble bath. Give yourself a mani pedi. Have a movie marathon. Listen to your favourite record. Dance like an idiot in the kitchen because there is really no one around to see it. Send yourself flowers. Order your favourite takeaway for a fancy dinner in. Bake a cake. Sleep in. Tell someone you love them. Water your plants, then talk to them – they might be lonely too. Take it easy. Don’t push yourself. Take each day as it comes.
We can often put a lot of pressure on ourselves with what we think we should or shouldn’t be doing. Just remember that there is no right or wrong. The only thing you need to do is to look after yourself and look out for those around you.
Thank you to Suncorp for partnering with us all this month to help promote positivity, advice and inspiration during this time. We hope we’ve kept you entertained, perhaps made you smile or even given you something to think about. As always, stay happy, stay healthy x